Follow on Social :

Can a temporary work visa also benefit your spouse?

Can a temporary work visa also benefit your spouse?

On Behalf of  | Oct 30, 2022 | Employment-Based Immigration

Those who have a strong job history, unique skills or advanced education can use their professions to enter the United States. There are many employment visa programs that grant you the temporary right to live and work in the United States based on the job you currently have or the work you can perform. These include the H, L and O work visa categories. 

Those hoping to pursue job opportunities in the United States either through an intra-company transfer or by accepting a job with a company in the country can secure non-immigrant visas that allow them to legally enter the country and stay for a fixed amount of time. Typically, these visas are eligible for renewal for additional years of domestic employment. 

If you secure a non-immigrant employment visa, can your spouse get a visa too? 

Yes, dependent family members may qualify for visas, too

If skilled workers had to abandon their families in their countries of origin to take jobs in the United States, many of them would never pursue job opportunities. Those who qualify for certain non-immigrant work visas can potentially bring their immediate family members with them when they enter the country for work. 

Provided that your family members meet the medical criteria to enter the United States and can pass ground checks, they can sometimes travel with you. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 can qualify for visas related to your own and can join you in the United States while you work here. 

Learning more about non-immigrant work visas can help you and your family make the best decisions about your future.

What Immigration Challenge Are You Facing?